Princeton senior hoping to learn about house flipping

1 Reply

Hello everyone,

My name is Anthony Sibley and I am a would-be rising senior at Princeton University. I say "would-be" because my family unfortunately will not be able to afford my tuition for the upcoming year, and so I'll be actually returning Fall of 2017. That said, I'm looking forward to make the most of my time away, and to get further involved with real estate, particularly house flipping. Last summer, I orchestrated the reconstruction of my grandmother's house into a 10-room boarding house, and am now managing the the property and its tenants. 

While I do not have much money ("yet" that is, hopefully!), I would like to learn as much as I can about all types of real estate and other investing. I am currently interning in Jackson, MS, but live in Yorktown, VA.

Please reach out with any advice that you might have!

Many thanks,

Anthony 

Hey Anthony,  how long are you in Jackson for?  You may not realize it yet, but you are in one of the strongest rental markets in the County. Lots of investors get average returns of 18% and do even better when self managed.  Take your time if you have any free and try to shop some areas in the tri-county area of Jackson.  I know that no matter where you end up you will most likely want to build a portfolio here. I'm in the area and would be happy to buy you coffee, show you my farm, and current projects. Good luck, and congrats on turning that 10 unit!

David Sugg 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you