• Knoxville, TN
Votes |
*Officially* New Real Estate Investor: Knoxville, TN

Michael Bowie
  • Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted Jul 23 2016, 18:10

Hi BP Community, 

I would like to formally introduce myself as a newly minted, official real estate investor. I just bought my first condo near the Fort off of Painter Avenue.

I will be moving in, applying some lipstick, and then renting out the two bedroom unit.

A little bit about myself:
- I work at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and I have been learning, searching, and saving money for years with which I finally pulled the trigger and invested in real estate.
- My one "key" to success on how I was personally able to invest at 22 years old is.... peanut butter crackers. Every single peanut butter cracker tastes like a $100 bill to me. (saving,saving,saving)
- My current goal is to beat my rival to one million dollars in cash. We are both hustlers and any time I'm not working it bothers me because I know he might be getting ahead. I know what you're thinking, "Have a stronger why than just money." And, I agree.. it's the competition, not the money. For me, personally, I have found that competition is what currently motivates me the most to stay up late and get up early.

-Searching for more two bedroom units, preferably Multi-Family that is right off of an exit preferably in Knoxville. But, I've been forced to potentially look at Dallas, Charlotte, and Kansas City. Also, looking for real estate agents in those cities ( I would like a couple MLS briefs emailed to me.)

With all that being said....

Looking forward to listening twice as much as I speak from here on out.

My best,
Michael Bowie

Loading replies...