• Orlando, FL
Votes |
New member in Cleveland, OH area

Patsy Waldron
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jul 26 2016, 16:27

Hello!

I just moved to the Cleveland area from North Carolina a couple of weeks ago. My husband is a native Ohioan and he will be attending graduate school in Cleveland. I was working full-time but am currently not. I have been interested in real estate investing for a long time- it's always been a part of my retirement plans, but I did not envision it happening until I was close to retirement. However, since I have moved to Ohio and realized that (1) real estate is ridiculously cheap in Cleveland (compared to the Raleigh-Durham area), and (2) the sooner I get into the game, the longer I can benefit from my investments. So- I am now exploring buy and hold small (2-4 units) multi-family rentals in the greater Cleveland area.

I have read many of the forum threads about a variety of topics, including the Cleveland ones. I would love to connect and/or meet up with those on BiggerPockets who are in the area! I did see that there is a meet-up on Thursday, and I am planning to attend it. 

I do have one question for the community about financing: I have a good amount of money saved up that I plan on using for down payments and other costs. What are my financing options? We sold our house, so HELOC is not a possibility; I don't believe I qualify for a FHA loan, since my husband is going to be a student and I am not currently working and we don't have any regular income to show. What are some creative ways for me to finance any investments? Thank you for any insights!

Patsy

Loading replies...