Stacy Weng
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
Newbie from Centreville, Virginia

Stacy Weng
  • Fairfax, VA
Posted Jul 29 2016, 14:39

Hey BiggerPockets community!

I'm Stacy from Centreville, Virginia, and my husband and I have been trying to get into real estate investing. We both started exploring real estate investing a couple of years ago, but then we ended up deciding to move out of our condo and into a house, and have been busy with major renovation projects and settling in since. Now that things have settled down, we're ready to start exploring real estate investing again!

Although we're newbs with investing in real estate, we have quite a bit of experience with real estate in general and especially renovations. Besides having taken on pretty major renovation projects for our own properties, my husband also works in construction, and my father in law runs his own general contracting business. While many are intimidated by renovation projects, we actually both love designing spaces and can spend hours browsing kitchen cabinets, tile and flooring just for the fun of it (kidding! ok, maybe not..). 

Our main interest in real estate investing are flips, but we've found it difficult to start flipping in the DMV (DC / MD / VA) area due to the high housing prices, and difficulty in getting enough capital to buy houses in cash. I know there are other creative financing options out there, so I'm really interested in learning about these other options, and possibly finding the right people to partner up with on deals.

I'm excited to join the BiggerPockets community and taking the next step towards real estate investing!

Stacy

Loading replies...