David Nicol, Pittsburgh Area, PA

5 Replies

New buy and hold investor.   Just purchased a property near the university of Akron. Looking forward to hearing from and collaborating with any seasoned investors in the area.   I will need help and know it.   

Welcome! Any particular areas you are set on or just the metro Pitt area? I see you're from Akron. New Castle, Slippery Rock, Butler are also great area's to invest in.

Actually,  I'm from Pittsburgh.  I just purchased my first property in Akron.  After I  get up and running in Akron, I would consider investing in the areas that you listed.   

Until listening to all the BP podcast,  I would have only considered single family and small multi unit residence.   now,   I would consider a small apartment complex.  

@David Nicol

I'm in Pittsburgh myself and welcome to the community! I would recommend reading some of the articles under the education tab above. Then use the community with any questions that you have. 

I'll send over a colleague request and if you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you