New investor from Scottsdale, Az

2 Replies

Hello, I am a new BP member and also new to real estate investing. I currently own a small, but growing swimming pool company in Scottsdale and have always had a passion for real estate. As my current company grows I will be looking at getting into multi family properties to buy and hold. The biggest issue I have had is getting financing since I have had my own businesses over the past 10 years, but realized I just need to get more creative to get in the game. Right now I am just educating myself as I save money to put into my first property and will hopefully be ready early 2017.  I did get my real estate license earlier this year to have access to many more tools. 

My fiancee is a teacher and can qualify for up to $150k, so we have been looking at house hacking in a triplex or 4 plex just to get started because we currently rent. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting involved with this community and meeting different people along this journey. 

If anyone live nearby, I would love to connect. 

Dustin 

Hi Dustin! I am a business owner in Scottsdale as well (snowbird home watch). Needless to say I absolutely understand your challenge in gaining funding via traditional mortgage types while self employed. I have learned a ton from people on this site and through the podcast, though, so while I may not be the best person to advise you I can certainly reassure you that you have come to the right place.

Welcome!!!

Jessica Maleski Thank you Jessica. I feel like I am in the right place. Your business probably does pretty well here since there are a lot of snow birds. lol. We have many of them as clients also.  

Promotion
Turo
Turo car sharing
Start a small business on Turo
Join thousands of entrepreneurs who have started successful car sharing businesses on Turo.
Learn more

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you