• Lender
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
A big hello from Houston

R English
  • Lender
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jun 21 2009, 06:13

My name is R. Lynne English, folks call me Rlynne. I'm a Venture Broker based in Houston since 1996. My job is to find funds (expansion and venture capital) for small to medium sized businesses. A job that can be highly interesting one day and mind numbing dull the next but I'm not complaining. :D

Recently I've added the selling of commercial liens to my service menu which I'm finding to be a blessing due to the current financial upheaval. A blessing because within the last two years many financial firms have closed their doors or changed their funding policies drastically which has slowed my business noticeably prior to adding the liens.

Well I guess here's the place to tell you something about me on a personal note. I enjoy reading about mysteries and archeological finds, long walks in the park relaxes me, although I'm not mechanically inclined I found plans that converts a gasoline powered V8 to an air engine and would love to give it a try. I like dragracing, two years ago I had a dragbike it ran 9.70 consistently, and last but not least I love animals.

Now that you've peeked into my fanciful existence I guess now is the point I tell you why I joined the Bigger Pockets Forum. I joined so I could network (surprise surprise) with others who are successfully adapting to economic changes. It would be fantastic to be able to establish some quality business leads but that's not my only motivation. There's a wealth of knowledge on this site about a wide range of topics, who knows it may lead me to other opportunities to supplement my financial business.

So enough about me I just want to say hello to everyone!!

Loading replies...