• Roseburg, OR
Votes |
Excited new investor in Portland Oregon area

Dustin Mellor
  • Investor
  • Roseburg, OR
Posted Aug 23 2016, 22:20

Hello all!

I've been checking out the real estate investing thing for a while now and I can honestly say I've never been more excited about learning anything before this. While the prospects of cashflow and passive income are as enticing for me as anyone, what really draws me to this business is the potential to combine my construction management experience with creativity and innovation to find deals, plan projects and build wealth. 

While my real estate experience to date is limited to purchasing my own home in Portland, Oregon in 2013 and helping my dad and grandfather build some spec houses in the early 2000's (we built a small subdivision called 'Mellor Loop' in Southern Oregon), I believe the skills I've developed in my career will help me significantly in the RE arena. I currently work in construction management (power delivery, not real east unfortunately) so dealing with budgets, schedules, contractors, etc. is just another day in the life. 

Anyway, I'm really interested in finding out where people in the Portland area get together to network and learn. I've looked into NWREIA and plan to attend a meeting asap, but is there anything else I should know about? 

Thanks all for your help/advice,

Regards,

Dustin Mellor

Loading replies...