• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Brand new investor in Texas

Ethan Betzen
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Aug 25 2016, 20:13

Hey! My name is Ethan Betzen and as the title says, I'm new to the real estate investment world. I am from Amarillo, TX but currently live and work in Dallas, TX. My first "deal" is actually my families first home we just moved from in Amarillo. The house had been on the market for sale for a little under 2 months and we recently decided to rent rather than letting it go. I have wanted to start investing in real estate for the last 2-3 years but just haven't been able to take that hardest, first step until now. I am hoping to continue investing in buy and hold properties to create long-term passive cash flow for my family.

I work for a FinTech company in Dallas and am really enjoying it so far. I plan to continue in my career full time while investing on the side. My wife currently stays at home with our two children. My short term goal is to work towards acquiring one additional property a year, but would love to speed that plan up within the first five years. I am looking forward to the journey and gaining as much insight as possible from the wealth of knowledge here on BiggerPockets.

Loading replies...