Sean Cohen
  • Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv
Votes |
Hello BP! Newbie from Tel Aviv

Sean Cohen
  • Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv
Posted Aug 26 2016, 01:49

Hello BP !
My name is Sean and I'm a 21 y/o newbie investor from Israel. 

First of I wanted to thank this amazing site that helps me enrich my knowledge on a daily basis.
My main goal is to become a buy & hold investor, to start accumulating properties slowly and surely (in a pace of 1-2 doors every 1-2 years) until I have enough passive income to live my life by my own standards. My main goal is to start with SFRs but wouldn't be against multifamily as well.
After looking around I have decided to invest globally in order to have the advantages of having a worldwide portfolio (that is less fragile to local market crashes), and because the ROI in Israel isn't that investor friendly.
I'm looking to invest in solid countries (politically wise) that allow foreign investments, which makes me think I should look at the different markets in the USA.
Because I am not limited to a certain city/state I was wondering if I could get some advice about where I should look for investments/contacts.
I am not sure yet what are the main traits I should be looking for, but I believe that a good start would be a state/city/area that is:

• Landlord friendly (from the tenant- landlord perspective).
  • Has a solid ROI
  • Is considerably cheap (unlike San Francisco haha)
  • Allows foreign investors
  • Isn't too expensive tax wise

Any ideas and advice will be happily accepted :)

Thanks in advance everybody!

Loading replies...