• Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Auto Responder Frustrations & Navigation

Kristen Williams
  • Property Manager
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Aug 29 2016, 14:42

I will try and be brief, always a challenge for me, as it seems, once i share my experience, ask for advice, create a thread, it gets hijacked by an autoresponder claiming I am trying to solicit business in some way. Claims I am abusing the forums and rules. 

Recently, I created a well-thought out post asking about interest in the creation of a local seminar. I went into detail about the idea background, discussed the way it would go, etc., and got hijacked again and told I could not post it. 

Then, I asked how to reach investors in Derby, KS, as i had many pre-qualified renters ready to lease in that area, and I was again, told I was soliciting. 

I found Bigger Pockets and really think it has great potential. Going over each email, I noticed it was mostly a canned response, and each time, pushing for the PRO status. Basically, reversing the psychology by telling ME I had to BUY in order to network properly here.  I've seen many, many forums and such where people work together here. I've met some amazing people here and done business happily. 

Do I need to create a sort of pig latin code in order to avoid the software scanning that keeps me in the forums to share the ideas I have, or do I have to fold and choose PRO before I'm ready to commit?

All I truly want to do is learn from others, meet owners and investors to grow my business and theirs, share and transfer the knowledge, and be the very best professional I can be.  

Am I being too snarky?

Loading replies...