User Stats

Votes
Kaz M.
Votes |
New member from Bay Area, CA

Kaz M.
Posted Sep 23 2016, 13:53

Hi BP community,

My name is Kaz and I have been living in SF Bay Area, California for the past 20 years. In the Bay Area, I lived in Belmont, Mountain View, San Mateo, and Redwood shores. Before Bay area, I was in San Diego for 6 years (my folks still live there). Love both these areas but it comes at a price. Being in the Silicon Valley, I am in the tech industry, working as an engineer.

We are a family of 5 and still renting in a 2 bedroom townhouse. So first our goal is the buy our first primary SFH or multifamily that I can house hack to get our toes wet in the real estate world. Currently looking at San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood Shores area but also looking in East bay such as Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore area as well. I am open to suggestions in other areas with good schools.

I came across BP couple years ago but didn't get into it since I had no interest in RE back then. As I was looking for my primary residence, I wanted to learn more about RE so I remembered about BP and discovered it has totally changed for the better. This place is full of good info and I spend hours and still have more to learn. UBG was very good and the podcasts are very informative. I am glad I finally joined. I regret that I didn't join couple years ago but better late than never.

I am hoping to get to meet as many of you fine real estate investors. And hopefully I can find a long term buy and hold strategy that will work in an expensive area like the Bay Area. I am looking forward to meeting like minded people from here.

P.S. I also love to play tennis so if you are nearby that want to play, then let me know! Also a car enthusiast but it is an expensive hobby so that is taking the back seat for now.

Loading replies...