Michael Snead
  • Newport News, VA
Votes |
New member from Newport News, Virginia

Michael Snead
  • Newport News, VA
Posted Sep 23 2016, 16:06

Greetings BP!

I am a 24 year old welder currently residing in Newport News, VA. Welding pays the bills, but working 60-84 hours a week is going to kill me. For about two years now I have made a side hustle buying and selling motorcycles, cars, and trucks on craigslist. Its not going to make anyone rich, but I do have an average around 200% ROI this year ;)

A work friend, and local investor, realized my love for the hustle, and pointed me towards "Rich Dad Poor Dad." That set me off onto a 6 month Audiobook consuming craze. Brandon Turner's "The Book on Rental Property Investing" lead me to the podcast, lead me to the forum, and here I am! :)

I just recently purchased my first property that will be a "live and flip." I plan on taking advantage of the 2-year $250,000 tax rule, and using the raised capital to fund buy and hold investments. My wizard of a loan officer got me a "DPA" grant to purchase the property with a FREE $4,800 down payment paid by VHDA, so I couldnt be happier that I still have my savings to invest. I will get more into that stuff later though.

WHATS UP BP :)

Loading replies...