Votes
Evan Bridges
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
New Tacoma, WA member

Evan Bridges
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Sep 30 2016, 09:24
Hello from the Pacific Northwest! I recently joined the BP forums and am an active listener to the podcast. While real estate investing is a relatively new concept to me, it is one that comes with some familiarity. My grandparents had SFH rentals and some mobile homes that I remember watching them work on when I was a little kid. While I didn't really understand why they owned the property then, and it always seemed like they were working on something (I remember helping clean a house that had been thoroughly trashed), I now see the value that real estate provided to them over the years and after retirement. Fast forward 30 years and now I am getting started down the road of rei, even if at this point I am simply at the learning stage of how to best proceed. Being situated in the NW, my perception of housing has been that buying (for me) is slightly out of reach and the 50k rental homes are a thing of the past or in other markets far out of my back yard. While I'm open to the idea of investing in other states for higher ROI, and I do think it's getting much easier to accomplish using the Internet and companies that focus on this, my inclination is to start out with my family by house hacking a multi family home. The lower downpayment using a FHA loan looks much more achievable and quicker to obtain than drumming up private money. Overall, I think the biggest challenge has been changing my mindset from ignorance or apathy about investing (real estate and in general) to being granted with the opportunity of financial independence and security. A quote that stuck with me and jump started this mindset is "your level of success will seldom exceed your level of personal development...". Thanks for reading my first post, and I'll see you on the forums or perhaps around the neighborhood. Cheers, Evan Bridges Tacoma, WA

Loading replies...