• Investor
  • Flushing, NY
Votes |
Newbie investor from Queens, NY

Hugh F. Tang
  • Investor
  • Flushing, NY
Posted Oct 2 2016, 13:20

Hello everyone in the BiggerPockets community. My name is Hugh Tang and I reside in Queens, NY, with my wife and our 2 yr old daughter. I actually joined BP a little less than a year ago so I am not new to this site, but, this is the very first post I am posting, so, I am very glad to introduce myself here.

I've recently quitted (finished my last day two days ago) my full time job in the heavy construction industry, which I had worked in for the past 10 years as a construction safety manager. The main reason that I left the industry and decided to come out on my own is I wanted to take back control of my own destiny and to build the thing that my family and I will owned. And that's what brought me to real estate investing because I believed that I can build my success, if I am willing to keep on working hard and learn about it.

I do have some real estate experience as far as searching for properties, applying for mortgages, closing, and renovation, when we bought our primary home about 6 years ago. I had also been involved in 2 investment properties acquisition few years ago in my in-laws investment business, by mainly helping them maintaining the properties. 

My passion in real estate is to be in this game for the long term and to learn the different aspects and be good at them. I am interested in buy and hold 1 to 4 units in the beginning, and then trade up to larger apartments and into commercial real estates. I haven't set my focus in the areas to invest in yet but I will be looking into the nearby markets such upstate NY, NJ and PA, once I settle my mind in this transitioning period. 

I think BiggerPockets is an amazing place; I read a lot of other members' posts and every single one I read I learned something new. I will also be looking for networking opportunities in this Site to build up mutual professional relationships. 

I welcome anyone to connect with me. 

Thanks, 

Hugh

Loading replies...