Votes
Adam Marks
  • Stanley, NY
Votes |
Hey! Just sayin' howdy from NY :)

Adam Marks
  • Stanley, NY
Posted Dec 4 2016, 09:42

Hi all!  I'm new to BP as a poster, but have been lurking for awhile... side note, I did a lot of work for British Petroleum in the past, so everytime I hear/see "BP" I have to stop and do a double-take :) 

I'm from Upstate NY, in the Finger Lakes area, near a small city called Rochester. I just moved back here after completing ministry school in norther california and living abroad for 8+ years in Taipei, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Beijing, China where I started a successful (but small) cloud computing ERP/IT company.  I got my MS in Tech in NY, and an MBA in Taiwan.  I have a background in IT/consulting, and worked as an IT Consultant for some of the biggest corporations.  I've been married for a little over 1 year to an amazing woman who is all in on this crazy "rental empire" I want to build in NY :)

I've been passionate about renting small multi-family homes since my early teens - my dad has a few such buildings, but he does it only as a hobby - he's a GC (and a very good one, I must say).  I used to try to talk him into expanding into a rental empire, but he never found it that interesting, so I'd make plans of my own in "make believe land" :) I've been researching rentals and investing for 20+ years now.

I am very interested in getting an income that's somewhat passive of about $90K+/year through small multi-family homes within the next 10 years (if possible) so that I can pursue other interests with my wife related to yoga/wholeness and Christian ministry- we love that stuff and I'm both a pastor and a certified yoga teacher... just to keep things interesting.  :)

I've bought the books from Brandon about Rental Property Investing, Managing Rental Properties, and raising money to buy rental properties... so I feel I have a lot of head knowledge from BP and my form my earlier 20+ years of studies on renting, but I am completely lacking in experience, which I know is the most important factor... hoping to chat with you all here as I go about gaining that.  Now that I'm finally back in the U.S. and making a healthier income, I feel the time to start is getting near!  My biggest concern is raising funds to buy any deals I find! 

Anyway, that's me - and a long story!  I don't usually post much, but I wanted to follow the template for new intros that was posted up here.  Looking to make connections and get to know some of you better!

Loading replies...