Votes
Ray Hollins
  • Salt Lake City, ut
Votes |
Currently Living in Southern California but Moving to Utah County

Ray Hollins
  • Salt Lake City, ut
Posted Dec 9 2016, 17:37

Good Morning Everyone, I've been a member here for some time but due to the rat race and the discouraging price of property in Southern California, I just focused on my full time job and the contractor work related to my field.  

So to provide you with a frame of reference.  From March 2008 -August 2014 I lived in Utah, where I worked and went to school, During some of that time I dabbled in Real estate trying to take advantage of the Short sale/Foreclosure phenomenon, but to no avail It didn't work out.  I then buckled down and just focused on my full time job.  In August of 2014, I decided to do contractor work (more pay) which brought me to California.  I did contractor work from August 2014 to December 2015 (1 year 4 months).  At that point I decided to get a regular job here in California, where I've since worked full time for the same company (December 2015-Present).

Here's where my next story starts, I have always wanted to do real estate, but due to bills, constant work relocations due to contractor work, and the cost of property being so expensive here, I have made very little progress along my path.  With that said, I am at fault for making excuses and not putting action to the drive I have.  

I am looking to start contractor work again within the next 4 week, which will allow me to pay off the remainder of my student loan in about 3 months (by March 2017) and at that point my only debt will be my car.  Not having student loan debt makes me feel alot more comfortable moving forward in Real Estate.  

My plan is to move back to Utah in 6 months (June-July 2017). Where I plan on doing rentals in Utah County area.   

Anyways, even though I haven't done any deals, I am very grateful for this site. Listening to the podcast, reading ect is very inspiring!  Thanks All!

Loading replies...