Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Kris V.
  • South East US
Votes |
Buy and Hold Newbie from Minnesota! To network + form my team!

Kris V.
  • South East US
Posted Feb 27 2017, 16:43

Hello!

I am Kris, currently live in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Have been working in Technology for the past 14 years and love what I do and wish to continue my full time employment. Have been looking at real estate as something to grow wealth, gain passive income and also diversify from paper assets/Wall Street.

For the past year or so, I have researched a ton, read a lot of books( still reading) , I think I must have heard all the podcasts there are :). What an awesome resource BP is! I have also started to save and I am about 75% there for capital required for my first deal. In the next 3 months I will reach my goal for capital needed. Picked Single Family Residential Buy and Hold as my investing strategy. Initially want to buy properties with enough reserves + 25% down, I will loosen this up once I get comfortable but that is what I am shooting for right away. Would like to buy the first property that is rent ready in 2017(Fall ish) and grow/acquire properties every year from there.

Primarily looking at the suburbs of Minneapolis and St Paul, Minnesota(fine tuning the area to a few suburbs as we speak!). Once I am done with couple of deals, I will venture into little bit of rehab and make them rent ready. I will be hiring property management starting with the first property, primarily die to the limited time I can allocate with my full time employment.

I have started to attend the local REI meetings on Meetup(BP, Affluence in REI, TCRE), MNREIA and have met a few fantastic folks. Looking for folks who are experienced and are willing to meet over coffee or lunch to share their wisdom of course I will be buying :). Along with this, I am also looking for investor friendly Realtors, Property Managers, Lenders and attorneys!

Looking forward to connect with local investors/realtors/lenders/PMs and learn and contribute to this awesome community!

Kris

Loading replies...