• Urbana, OH
Votes |
New Investor from Ohio

Holly Hall
  • Realtor
  • Urbana, OH
Posted Apr 22 2017, 13:58

Greeting fellow BP members,

I live in the state of Ohio right equidistant from Columbus and Dayton so lots of opportunities and properties available. I work a W-2 job 7 days a week while I pay off debt and accumulate some cash reserves before I get started. I have a teenage soon that I've raised by myself since his dad passed when he was an infant. I've owned a home before and sold it in 2007 when I lost my job along with a lot of other people. I owned it for 10 years and actually made a profit on it when I sold it. I even rented it out for 6 months so I got a little taste of being a landlord. I'm glad it was only for 6 months because I didn't choose a very good tenant. It cost me some money and time to repair damages but it was money well spent. Now fast forward 10 years full of not great job prospects and being a renter, I'm in a position to start investing. I've got a great job and getting in a much better financial position with excellent credit. I'm no stranger to the rain. 

Right now, I work 7 days a week at a place where I can listen to music and podcasts through one earbud. So that means I get to listen to BP Podcasts for 8 to 10 hours a day so I'm getting a great education while I'm working my way thru my debt snowball. I'm also doing a little bit of reading daily. I am going to start taking my real estate classes really soon since Ohio has allowed us to take them online. I'm not sure if I'm going to actually test yet but if anything so I can learn the legalities of Ohio real estate. I've lived here since 1996 and it is a heavily regulated state. I grew up in Iowa and might possibly invest there in the future since I still have family living near the Quad Cities area. I'm not sure yet what kind of real estate niche I want to pursue yet but I'm leaning to buy and hold. I've been learning a ton here on the forums and through the podcasts and am looking forward to getting to know everybody. 

Holly

Loading replies...