Mimi King
  • Maple Shade, NJ
Votes |
Hello BP Its Me Newbie form South Jersey

Mimi King
  • Maple Shade, NJ
Posted Apr 24 2017, 18:33

Hello BP,

About me I'm a Iraq War Vet and full-time RN. I happened to stumble across the BP platform and was hooked. I read the book on Investing in real estate with No and low money down by Brandon Turner as well as The book on rental property investing again by Brandon Turner. I listen to BP podcasts as I travel for work to increase my knowledge of RE. I like the BRRRR theory with buy and hold along with house hacking strategy. I hope to use my VA loan to buy a duplex to live rent free or close to it while saving to prepare to repeat the process. I've been doing my due diligence to educate myself with the process of analyzing property, understanding the numbers, estimating rehab cost, and leveraging. I hope to find a mentor in my area to sharper and hone skills necessary to be successful and limit mistakes. I define success in many different ways but most importantly for me is autonomy and if a little or lot of money comes with that then so be it. By all accounts I feel there are many terms and concepts I need to review but I hope to purchase my first property in early Fall. I've read many of the posts and discussions on BP and have taken steps to ensure my ducks are in a row when the time comes to buy. I plan on joining the maple shade meet up group to learn from the investors and REA who have experience in my market and are willing to share there knowledge. I don't want to be massively wealthy or have any unicorn pipe dream about investing but I simply want to have a greater control of my autonomy. I plan to continue to work as a nurse until I've built a RE portfolio that would allow me to live comfortable, hence COMFORTABLE. I look forward to bouncing ideas and learning from you all. Your words, knowledge and participation on this forum is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Loading replies...