Votes
Riquelmy S.
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
New Member - New York City

Riquelmy S.
  • New York City, NY
Posted May 22 2017, 13:24

Hi BP! My name is Riquelmy Sosa. I was born and raised in NYC and still reside in the city. I am completely new to the real estate field. I have worked with housing development corporations in the past and been exposed to certain aspects of real estate but I’m not sure that really qualifies for real estate experience! My background is in non-profit management and I am currently a program administrator in the healthcare industry.

My ultimate goal is to use real estate as a vehicle for me to quit the rat race and build wealth/financial freedom for myself and my family. I am also very interested in utilizing my investments to help rebuild and reinvest in distressed communities. I am sure that in real estate these may seem to be contradictory goals but I am hoping to achieve them both by making financially sound investments.

As of now, with my limited knowledge, I want to start by getting rid of my student loan debt and lessen my learning curve through BP, followed by house hacking and then BRRRR. I am looking to focus in the tri-state area (Hudson Valley; North Jersey; Fairfield County, CT). I am also open to the fact that my strategies may change as I gain more knowledge. I just have to make sure I do not stay stuck in a research/analysis paralysis stage (as is my tendency) and take action!

Lastly, I am looking forward to becoming a part of the BP community. I hope to learn and gain guidance, and networking opportunities. I am also eager to be able to contribute – although with my limited real estate knowledge, I am not sure where I can do so but I am more than willing to help wherever I can.

Thanks for reading :-)

Loading replies...