Nathan Poole
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Newbie living in Denver, Colorado

Nathan Poole
  • Denver, CO
Posted May 25 2017, 19:18

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Nathan, I am 31 and living in Denver, Colorado. I was born and raised here in Colorado (Boulder/Longmont area for those of you that are familiar). 

Currently working as a auto property damage adjuster for an insurance company and work as a online personal trainer on the side. I stay active as much as possible, mostly outdoors. Activities include hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, lifting weights, yoga, snowboarding, snowshoeing, trail running, etc. When I'm not doing that I love to grab a beer with friends or read a book. 

I don't have much of a background in real estate YET. I have been trying to buy a house for about a year now, I originally planned on "house hacking" (although I didn't know there was a term for it when I started). Basically was/am looking for 3-4 bedroom house where my roommates could cover my mortgage.  As most of you here in the Denver market know, it's tough to find a decent place in a decent neighborhood for a decent price, and my situation requires I find all of these or people won't want to live there! Beyond that, I have a friend who does some investing (I am going to have to ask him exactly what he does now that I understand more about it) and so I decided to check out the BP podcast. My first episode was with Scott Trench, and I immediately ordered "Set for Life" from amazon, which I am about 2/3rd through. I am also watching the introductory course here on BP to get a better sense of this new world. 

My goals in real estate are to be able to quit my job and travel for awhile without having to worry about money. I've always felt like I didn't have enough to take the trips I wanted to or I didn't have enough paid time off. Also, my parents are reaching retirement age and don't have much savings built up. I would love to be able to help them retire.

Hope that gives you a good idea about me! Feel free to ask any questions or reach out to me here on BP. Thanks!

Loading replies...