• San Marcos, TX
Votes |
New to posting! Semi-new investor in Austin Texas and Phoenix AZ

Walker Frank
  • Investor
  • San Marcos, TX
Posted May 30 2017, 23:07

Hello Everyone,

I thought I should finally post an introduction and start telling some of my investing stories so people can learn from them. There’s good, there’s bad, and there’s ugly. I grew up in San Diego, CA, and real estate is a very popular topic in southern California, especially from 2001-2007. Luckily, I did not start investing until 2011, when most people were still feeling the pain from the crash.

After getting out of the military, and switching jobs a few times, I finally found a job that allowed me to start investing in real estate in San Diego, and later in Texas. I’m going to be doing a series of posts discussing my short history as an investor, and most importantly my lessons learned so hopefully you don’t make the same mistakes that I did when I was starting out. I had not found bigger pockets yet, or a mentor, so everything I knew about investing came from a few investing for dummies type books. Obviously that is a terrible way to start out, and you are already 1000 times better off then I was because you are on Bigger Pockets already.

Currently I have 1 property in San Diego, and 3 in central Texas where I live currently. I am trying to decide on the direction I will be going in the future. I am most likely going to be moving into the multi family sector with a concentration in value add opportunities until I can move to 100+ unit complexes and retire early from my day job.

I’m excited to be on here contributing. Please check out this link to my blog for my follow up posts!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/9805-my-journey-can-help-you-too

Loading replies...