Warranty deed problem

2 Replies

We're having a problem on the requirements of the title company. Their wanting us to have all my siblings sign the warranty deed since I have my name with my deceased parents on the title. I have 6 siblings , I don't have problem with my 5 sibling signing it. But I have 1 brother in the Philippines who is mentally ill, and he is not capable of signing the warranty deed. He is paranoid Schizophrenic. Family is talking to him and he just don't want to sign it thinking that his signing the papers to put him in the rehab facility. He is not capable of signing the warranty deed. Is there any way we can do regarding this?

@Jam C. (I'm shooting from the hip on this answer) If the party is not of sane mind, he is not allowed to execute the deed regardless of his willingness to sign. I would contact a real estate attorney for clarification but I believe there is an affidavit that could be produced with supporting medical evidence to exclude him from executing the deed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you