New Investor in Mesa, Arizona

14 Replies

Hey BP!

Excited to be here! I am a new investor from Mesa, Arizona. I have actually been a member now for about a year and a half, and sadly enough this is my first post. But I can't wait to be more involved and make great connections moving forward. For the past year and a half since joining I have gotten bit by the real estate bug hard, and have been listening to the podcasts, joining the webinars, reading books, and pretty much absorbing anything real estate related that I could get my hands on. I believe that this learning time has been extremely valuable, however there is no doubt I entered into a serious state of analysis paralysis during that time. However, that is all behind me and I am taking the plunge! I know I could learn and plan forever, but it's time to take action.

I've decided to get started with wholesaling, as I feel it is what best suits my personal skill set and past experience. I'm excited to say we will be sending out our first set of about 1,000 mailers this week! And I have made a commitment to continue our direct mail at that rate for at least 6 months so I can clearer idea of it's success before I make changes. I have partnered with my two brothers as well and we will be sharing the load in terms of answering calls and talking with sellers, etc. I will save the specific details of our strategy for the wholesaling forum, but we can't wait to get rolling.

I also love the idea of buy and hold investing, specifically larger multi family, and my long-term goal is to build a rental portfolio that can eventually provide financial freedom for our family. I have saved up a decent amount of money, so if the right deal came a long I would begin buying rentals now, but for the most part due to current market conditions and other factors, I've decided that our cash can best be used by being put into marketing and building our wholesaling business.

I look forward to connecting with many on here both in my area here in Arizona, and just on the site in general. I have already learned so much from many on here, and I hope as I learn and share my experiences I can begin to give back!

Jason, finally joined bp today. Long time listener. I am a newer investor )2 years) with 4 units Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe & Mesa. Ready to get serious. I'm a buy and hold guy and have done cash only deals. Not sure if my direction fits but I'd like to launch a Mastermind type group here in the East Valley. What say you?

Hey guys I am new to BP and new to Arizona. I have a couple of buy and hold properties in other states and am open to buying in any location if the deal is right but would love to have some contacts in the valley. I'm looking to start growing my portfolio more aggressively. Do you have a website or somewhere where you list your properties I'd love to keep an eye on your property list if it's available somewhere. Wish you the best and maybe we could work together sometime.

Interested in hearing our success with mailers. I do mailers here I New Jersey but I do commercial real estate. I've been tracking my progress now for 1 month and I've found that I have a 35% response rate. All responses are positive. I haven't gotten any negative responses because I figure that they won't even respond if there is no interest.

The properties that I target are all properties a a traffic lighted hard intersection. My results will probably differ because I am a developer and I feel that many people are interested in seeing what a developer has to offer.

I do fix and flips in arizona and would love to be put on your email list for investors. When you do get inventory I would love to check it out.

I've did my first AZ residential project in Chandler these past 4 months. Hungry for more deals.

Feel free to dm me so we can exchange emails and phone number.

Welcome, @Jason Enos! I live in Los Angeles, but have had rental property in East Mesa in the past and am looking to get more properties over there for fix-and-flip and BRRRR. Please add me to your list of investors. I'm ready to buy if the numbers make sense. Thanks!

Welcome, @Jason Enos and others!! BP has a wealth of information available.

I'm a local, Gilbert based real estate broker/property manager so if any of you have questions let me know.

@Mazz Gino Wow that is an amazing response rate! Congrats on the great results with mailers so far. I plan on making a post in the wholesaling forum that can be kind of a journal of my experiences with mailing. But yes I would be happy to add you to my list! I'll message you.

@Ken Min Ok great. That is great to know. I'm sure we will come across many of those which usually we wouldn't have thought we could make work. I'll reach out to you!

@Ashley Benning  Thanks for the welcome! But oh cool that is actually right where we live! I would love to add you to our list. I'll reach out to you!

@Doug McVinua Thanks so much for the welcome! I'd love to connect!

@Jason Enos Welcome to the AZ real estate community! :) Looking forward to seeing more of you here on BP and hope to cross paths with you at some point during a transaction. Happy wholesaling! 

@Jason Enos Hi Jason. I'm an Agent that's part of one of the top producing brokerages for Multifamily in the state. I've helped several clients recently purchase the first MF property here in the Valley.  I'd be happy to grab a coffee with you and chat!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you