• Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Votes |
New to BP- New Hampshire

Jaime O'Gorman
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Posted Aug 25 2017, 09:25
Hello! My name is Jaime and I am located in the New Hampshire seacoast area. My knowledge of real estate comes mostly from my mother. She began investing in buy and hold properties, which she rents to college students, in 2012. In June I invested in my first property with my mother. My fiancé and I hope to buy an investment property on our own in the next couple months. I started listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts 2 months ago and have already learned a lot! I currently work in marketing, but my long term goal is to be able to quit my job and be a full time property manager.

User Stats

Votes
Antoine Martel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Aug 25 2017, 10:10

Welcome to BP Jaime. 

Let me know if I can be of any help!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Lefebvre
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Replied Aug 27 2017, 07:58

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Jaime O'Gorman!  Best of luck with your endeavors in purchasing your first investment property and in your goal of working as a property manager.  I work for a fairly large property management company based out of Manchester, so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about it.  

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jaime O'Gorman
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Replied Aug 28 2017, 11:59

Matt Lefebvre Do you have any advice on what type of property would be best to invest in for a beginner? For example, single family, duplex, etc.
-Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Lefebvre
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Replied Aug 28 2017, 12:05

@Jaime O'Gorman I think the type of investment depends less on your experience level and more on the goals you have and the market you're in.  The seacoast can be quite the pricey market, so for first-time investors, you may want to expand your search area a little bit.  You also have to factor in whether you want to be hiring a company to manage your investments or DIY it.  That can make a big difference on location and type of property you're looking to get into.  

User Stats

Votes
Emmett Harris
Pro Member
  • Manchester, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Manchester, NH
Replied Sep 1 2017, 06:22

Welcome, Jaime!

User Stats

Votes
Gilian Gegawin
Pro Member
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Sep 1 2017, 12:44

@Jaime O'Gorman  Hey Jaime and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You stumbled upon one of the best real estate investing sites on the internet! Bigger Pockets is the best way to go when reaching out to experienced investors and getting deals done the right way. Congratulations and I wish you all the best. 

User Stats

Votes
Jaime O'Gorman
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, NH
Replied Jan 16 2018, 18:28

I am in the process of renovating a student rental property I bought about a month ago! Does anyone know of anyone that does wallpaper removal/painting in the Durham NH area?

User Stats

Votes
Axel Ragnarsson
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 18 2018, 08:01

Hi Jaime, welcome to BP. I work, live, and invest in the seacoast NH area (as well as throughout NH). Let me know if I can help in anyway!