Hello from Sarnia, ON, CAN

6 Replies

A while back my wife introduced me to the BP podcasts and web site.  All I can say is *mind blown* - thanks @Jami Kloet!

What a great place for access to information and the forum to discuss all things REI.

I have formal education and experience in residential construction, renovation and general contracting.  After college I worked as a construction estimator for a high-rise developer in Toronto, and currently VP of a civil general contractor in Sarnia, ON.

We cashed out of the city life a number of years ago and split the proceeds to by our own home and our first rental property.  Since then we've purchased a second rental property and currently looking to invest in multi-family.

I hope to learn lots and make a contribution where I can - 

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi Adrian - Visited Sarnia on business about 19 years ago in the winter. Drove up from Detroit with my wife, I was working in Cleveland at the time and pick wife up at DTW airport. You should have seen the look on the Immigration Canada guys face when my wife said she was visiting from Texas for "tourism". I think he would have let us in if we said we were Mexican drug lords just for coming to Sarnia in the winter. Anyway, I wish you luck in REI in Sarnia. It is a nice town, just wouldn't pick February to go there again... :-) -Scott

Originally posted by @Adrian Kloet :

A while back my wife introduced me to the BP podcasts and web site.  All I can say is *mind blown* - thanks @Jami Kloet!

What a great place for access to information and the forum to discuss all things REI.

I have formal education and experience in residential construction, renovation and general contracting.  After college I worked as a construction estimator for a high-rise developer in Toronto, and currently VP of a civil general contractor in Sarnia, ON.

We cashed out of the city life a number of years ago and split the proceeds to by our own home and our first rental property.  Since then we've purchased a second rental property and currently looking to invest in multi-family.

I hope to learn lots and make a contribution where I can - 

Cheers,

Adrian

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

@Adrian Kloet  Hey Adrian and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You just took a giant leap in the right direction; signing up on Bigger Pockets! Bigger Pockets is the best way to go when it comes to getting deals down correctly and reaching out to seasoned investors. Congratulations and I wish you all the success.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you