very first investment property?

2 Replies

Hello guys my name is David, I am a 20 year old who recently started getting really interested in real estate. The problem is I know very little about it. Before I get my license to become a realtor I would like to know how far I can go without one!

I have slowly been saving money and I'm not sure in what to invest it in. the idea of acquiring a home through an FHA loan seemed interesting since I don't have to put down much money. But then I saw that rental properties can be a lucrative way of creating wealth! I would love to get to know some people from the community so if you could shine some light on me that would mean the world to me!

I live in Uxbridge which is a small town that is about an hour or so from Boston. I’ve heard that Massachusetts is a tough place to get started since the property taxes around here are expensive but im open to any suggestions.

I look forward to meeting you all and hope to be able to later contribute to the bigger pockets community!

@David Echavarria You might want to join us at the Boston South REIA, next Tuesday at Radius Financial, 600 Longwater Dr, Suite 107, Norwell.

No cost, no pitches.  We're just a bunch of investors, contractors, lenders, etc trying to help each other to do more business.  It should be a good place to make some good contacts.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you