• Lubbock, TX
Votes |
New Investor From Lubbock, TX

Garrott Nalle
  • Property Manager
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted Oct 15 2017, 21:31

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the community here after spending the last week of vacation listening to a ton of the BiggerPockets podcasts while driving across Texas, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona.

My name is Garrott Nalle and I was born and raised in Lubbock, TX, a city of 250,000 or so people in the West Texas area and home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Currently I work as a commercial banker at Vista Bank in Lubbock and work on requests in commercial and investment real estate lending, SBA lending, and occasionally C&I (commercial and industrial) lending. Hopefully my knowledge in community banking can help others in this community with any questions that they may have regarding using a community bank for a financing option. 

I became interested in real estate when I purchased my first personal home at 22 years old. This experience was not ideal by any stretch but it did help me learn how to manage expenses, roommates/tenants, and complete numerous repairs over the 4 years I owned it. That house has some crazy stories associated with it so if anybody needs a laugh I'd be happy to share one of them from this experience.

My fiance and I are very excited to begin investing more in the future and continue nurturing our current investments. We started out in real estate investing by renting a single bedroom in our house on Airbnb and have done this now for over a year with awesome results. Recently we purchased our first investment property to be used exclusively for Airbnb and other short term rentals. We are coming up on our first full month in this new property and the reviews on our place have been great and we are continuing to book up all the way through December. We are currently looking to purchase an additional 2-3 properties over the next year to be used for this same purpose. I hope to hear about others experiences with the Airbnb and short term rental model and I would be happy to expand on our experience if others have questions. 

In addition to purchasing investment properties for use on Airbnb, I will be starting my first flip in Shallowater, TX this week. I'm very excited to work through this process and learn as much as I can from it. My uncle is my partner on this deal and he will be a great resource and help with his background. I'll be taking lots of pictures and sharing the process on the forum in the future. I will also be renewing my real estate agent license to list this property once complete. 

Outside of work and real estate, I enjoy doing custom leather work, Crossfit, and anything outdoors. Carrie, my fiance, and I have no children but we do have 2 dogs and 3 cats. 

I'm really looking forward to interacting with everyone and learning from all the great people that appear to be involved here. 

Garrott

Loading replies...