Buy & hold investors in SW Michigan

3 Replies

Hi! My name is Jaimee Hart, my husband Andrew & I️ have been actively involved in buy & hold real estate since 2014. At the time we invest in SFR’s- we have 6 homes currently rented and 3 in the process of being remodeled to rent. We also have 1 duplex, 1 home being sold on land contract, and a home that we are working to put into operation as a short-term vacation rental. Our next goal is to acquire a multi unit apartment building. We buy our SFR’s for $20,000 or less and remodel them. We also currently manage our own tenants. Our goal is to improve the quality of homes available in the city in which we invest and provide quality tenants with a quality house that they can be proud to call home.

We have been following bigger pockets for over a year and constantly listen to the podcasts. My current goal is to become actively involved in the forums as I️ want to learn as much as possible to enhance our real estate business. We are incredibly passionate about real estate and are always looking to learn and grow.

Hi @Jaimee Hart ! Welcome to the BP forums! I'm new here too and, frankly, just starting my REI journey. I find myself reading a lot of the forum posts and learning a lot, which is what I need right now as I try to get oriented and get involved in BP and REI. Looks like you have made some amazing progress! I would love to learn more. I'm based in Dexter, MI, but I'm familiar with Kalamazoo as it's pretty close and we go through there pretty regularly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you