Looking to get into real estate on Vancouver Island.

4 Replies

Hello Bigger pockets community,

My Name is Trevor, I am 22 years old and am in the processes of buying my first rental property.

I plan on building my business on Vancouver Island ( to start) and I am looking to connect with someone who has some experience in our market.

If you are from Vancouver Island I would love to get in touch with you.

Happy house hunting everyone!

Trev

@Trevor Harder Hey Trevor just saw your post from last year... I grew up in Port Alice and graduated from NISS back in 96... so yes a little older than you. Just wanted to see if your still working the real estate game? My wife and I currently own and manage 3 properties which include 6 rentals in the Victoria area. We have recently decided to work to make real estate our full time job. I’m likely still a year away from making this happen, but the end of 9-5 is in site. Anyways we are always looking to connect with like minded people. If this is you, send me a note and we can see if there’s anything we can do together in the future. Or if you just have questions let me know. Kris

Hey Kris,

Nice to meet you!

I am currently living in Vancouver as my wife is studying  Pharmacy at UBC. We are planning on moving back to Port McNeill and buying our first house in about 6-7 months.

It sounds like it will be a good time to get get in the market. There is a 0% vacancy rate in McNeill and a new mine that will be opening up around Port Hardy in the next 4 years that will employ around 400 people.

Real estate is somthing I am still interested in and im sure I will have lotsof questions in the Future.

Thanks,

Trev

I once drove the length of the island to Port Hardy.. that's some awesome country.. seems a tad remote to build a real estate rental portfolio though ??  I can see Campbell river south..

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you