Quick Introduction- New member in North Arkansas

5 Replies

Hello! My name is Josh and I’m from North Arkansas. After reading multiple books and blog posts, podcasts and articles. I decided to at least take a first step and introduce myself. I came across BiggerPockets while I was deployed in early 2017. I have to admit I was skeptical about the possibility of looking at a completely different industry; however, the curiosity and interest of becoming involved in REI just keeps coming up, nagging to try! Currently, I am a licensed mental health therapist- so a very different field. I’m definitely looking to meet others who are more seasoned and have experience in this sector. I appreciate your time! Josh
Originally posted by @Josh Medley :
Hello! My name is Josh and I’m from North Arkansas. After reading multiple books and blog posts, podcasts and articles. I decided to at least take a first step and introduce myself.

I came across BiggerPockets while I was deployed in early 2017. I have to admit I was skeptical about the possibility of looking at a completely different industry; however, the curiosity and interest of becoming involved in REI just keeps coming up, nagging to try!

Currently, I am a licensed mental health therapist- so a very different field. I’m definitely looking to meet others who are more seasoned and have experience in this sector. I appreciate your time!

Josh

Welcome to the site Josh. I don't know that being in the mental health industry is much different then being in the Property Management industry, lol. Buy a few rental properties & you may start to feel the same.

Tons of great Real Estate info here on BP. Many members with tons of expertise on most every topic in the Real Estate space. So don't be shy about asking any questions you may have in the forums. Feel free to tag me in any questions & i'll try to drop by & offer up some advice.

Good luck to you & i'll see you around the forums.

Hi Josh, welcome to BP! I am an active investor in the Central Arkansas area. I don't know a whole lot about the North Arkansas market, but I grew up fishing around Mt. Home. Great area! 

Look forward to hearing from you..

-Zac

Dave- thank you! I appreciate it! I’m trying to educate and familiarize myself with the site. Just trying to download and listen to podcasts and read forums. Hope you’re doing well!

Mr. Wise,

I did chuckle at your message! I imagine it’s true. I couldn’t make up half the things I hear. I’m VERY excited to get started. Between my military training, the attention to detail, and psychology background; I hope to apply my work ethic and succeed. I hope this finds you doing well!

Josh

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you