Introduction of Jacqueline Benjamin

2 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets community! My name is Jackie. I’m a 30 y/o full time claims adjuster at a successful insurance company. I didn’t know it when I started there 2.5 years ago, but I’ve learned many very useful skills in this job that I put towards my real estate endeavors; such as negotiation strategies and interpreting many different types of Leases and contracts. I purchased my first condo 5 years ago when I moved out of my parents house at 25. I always knew I wanted my own business, I always knew I wanted financial freedom, but I didn’t always know how to get there. I even went to school for business management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. One day I picked up a book on real estate investing that was laying around at a relatives house... and read the whole thing in just a day or two. I was so excited and motivated. “THIS is what I want to do,” I thought. “THIS will make me happy.” Now fast forward a few years and I’m living in my 2nd condo with my roommate covering the mortgage, and my 1st condo is being rented out. And this is just the beginning :)

Congratulations on discovering the path early! When I was your age, I was busy "touring" the world in a camouflage suit, marrying the wrong woman, and remaining a slave to limiting beliefs instilled by a poor family. I wasn't on food stamps or eating government cheese, so I thought I had made a good life for myself!

Keep educating yourself and looking for deals. You're well on your way to financial freedom!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you