Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Moules
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Turlock, CA
Votes |
New investor from Central California, Turlock!

Kevin Moules
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Turlock, CA
Posted Mar 21 2018, 20:52

Hello BP Community!

I am excited to be here and have learned a great deal so far reading endless blog posts. I am excited to begin interacting with those who are much smarter than I am. I love to learn! My name is Kevin and am located in the great central valley of California. More specifically I live in Turlock, the heart of the central valley.

A little background on me. I currently work as an engineer full time and also run a handyman business after work and weekends as my wife is a stay at home mom. Through my business I have learned there are a lot of landlords in my town. I have spent the last year learning and reading about investing in the stock market and plan on having some eggs in that basket long term. I have learned a lot from John Bogel and really like his philosophy on investing. So I will be putting some of my eggs in index funds.

Regarding real estate, my plan is to use it to allow me to do what I truly love in life and that is farming! Its what I am all about and was born and raised in a farming family. My experience with real estate is that my folks have owned some rentals in the past and own farmland. 

My plan for real estate investing is long term buy and hold rental properties. I would like to invest in SFH but would like to focus more on small multifamily units, although hard to find in my area. I really like the BRRRR strategy and hope to utilize it in future deals. I currently have a HELOC on my primary residence and plan on using it to aid in a first purchase. I plan on either paying cash for the rest or conventional financing. My goal is to own 20 units with an average cash flow of $500 per unit.

I would love to meet with local investors and learn how they run their business and maybe team up to bounce ideas. I am ready to dive into this and hope to buy our first deal in the next 90 days! 

Thank you!

Loading replies...