Votes
Chris Christensen
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
New to Bigger Pockets and REI

Chris Christensen
  • Vancouver, WA
Posted Mar 30 2018, 10:46

Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I am new to BP and REI. I want to reach out and say thanks to Mindy for hosting the meetup in Portland, OR yesterday. It was a great turn out and I met a lot of like minded people.

A quick introduction to myself, I grew up working in a family construction business building and remodeling homes up until around 2008. After 2008, we began to focus more on commercial projects and started traveling around the West Coast building and remodeling stores. Last year (2017), I randomly stumbled across bigger pockets and a lot of the questions that were causing me to postpone investing in real estate were presented to me. Thank you BP community! 

Yesterday, I got pre-approved for my first FHA Loan and now the hunt is on. I am looking for a live-in flip property that has a finished, or un-finished, basement that I can rent out (House Hack) and reduce my mortgage expenses a little. I have found a few potential candidates and am planning to put an offer in this weekend on one, or all, of them.

Thanks again to everyone on here for all of the great information! I look forward to meeting many of you in the future.

-Chris Christensen

Loading replies...