Morgan Ross
  • Stafford Twp, NJ
Votes |
Newbies from Ocean County, New Jersey

Morgan Ross
  • Stafford Twp, NJ
Posted Apr 18 2018, 11:34

Hello everyone!

I’ve been a BP member for a few months and am finally listening to a quick tip! 

I’m Morgan Ross, currently residing in Manahawkin, NJ. I am finishing up my graduate degree in speech pathology and found Bigger Pockets when searching for ways to invest money. (These college loans aren’t going to pay themselves!)

I love what I am studying but I don't want my career to define me or my finicial status. So my boyfriend, Max, and I have decided to dive into REI while we have the time, engergy, and flexibility.

Because of my lovely college loans, I don't have much money to invest or the ability to get a mortgage myself. BUT, I am not going to let that stop me. Max and I have owned a small construction business (Bathroom & Kitchen Renos, Flooring, Trim work, decks, pavers, ect.) and with Max's patience to teach me, I have developed quite a skill set. I also see myself as a go-getter. I do a search in my area at least once a day to see if any new and exciting deals come up. I try to keep myself in the mindset so I don't lose sight of what my life could be through REI.

While we many not have bought or sold any deals, we are working on a project that is a little unconventional. We are building a tiny house! Why? We were gifted a trailer and believe this could be our way in. Personally, I could never live in something that small but, there are people who do and would. We ran the numbers and found that our ROI would be just what we need to kickstart us into owning property and making our dreams reality.

As of right now, we are not to sure which branch of real estate we would like to go into. Because of our business, flipping seems like a way to go for us however, we are pretty open to all sorts of investing. The best thing for use right now would most likely be to house-hack. (If you know anyone trying to sell a multiplex in the southern NJ area give me a shout!)

Hope everyone has a great day and Happy Investing! 

Loading replies...