New Investor DFW Area

7 Replies

Hello BP, I am a aspiring investor looking for my first single family deal! Areas I am looking into are Crowley, Burleson, South Arlington and Mansfield. (Highly Flexible with the location) 3-4br and 2+baths are preffered. More details on my criteria and goals can be discussed by contacting me. I work full time and attend University during the day, I am highly motivated and ready to get the ball rolling. I am looking for agents and investors who can provide any information on properties or even just advice. Please be prepared I will have plenty of questions as I am always looking for ways to learn. Open to discussion on distressed properties or houses with manageable issues. I'm here to help find solutions and I understand that it never hurts to look. Thank you for any feedback and look forward to any information! Contact me on BP. We can setup a call or meet up on a later date !

Hey I live in Burleson too. I've been working with an agent for the last few months. He's a real nice guy and hard worker. Anthony Taylor with Keller Williams reality. I haven't had much luck getting a home with him because the market is VERY competitive in this area. I just took a wholesale deal with New Western and am scheduled to close on the house this Wednesday. it will be my first property I'm rehabbing then renting out. I'm a bit nervous but excited too. It's a big step for me. 

Congrats Christopher on closing soon and thanks for the suggestion I will look into contacting him. I would also love to hear about your wholesale deal and how you came across it !

Thank you. I spoke with Jacob Womack at his office in Mansfield. From there they put you on their email list regarding wholesale deals they come across. That's how I came across the home I'm buying. You can even take it a step further and give them a check for 5k which they do not cash. You enter into their vip program and get deals ASAP vs deals that may be a few days old. You must be cautious and do your due diligence with wholesale properties. There is no option period and you cannot get inspectors in there prior to buying. 

@Christopher Ward thank you again, I will be contacting both suggestions today! I’ll make sure to mention you and keep BP posted on the deal you close on !

@Dreylon Burks Have you thought about doing a direct mail campaign? 

Within a 15 mile radius of Burleson, there are over 5,000 owners with property with the following:

Home value $100-250,000, 3-5 beds, 2-4 baths, purchased 2013 or before, owners with known low equity eliminated, owner age 50-89, owner occupied and absentee owned, LOW FINANCIAL STABILITY SCORE. (eliminate trust and company owned)

This sort of list lets you connect with owners before they put the house on the market.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you