LA based VO Actor looking to do Out of State investing.

7 Replies

Hi my name is Arthur, I’m a voice over actor and I live in Burbank near LA.

I’m beginning my real estate investing career and although I would love to start here in Southern California I think my chances are better out of state.

I’m primarily interested in small multifamily units but open to whatever strategy works.

My goal is to buy my first cash flowing rental property by the end of 2018.

Hi Arthur! 

Welcome to the wild, wonderful world of REI!

Your post caught my attention because my brother-in-law was a VO agent for many years and my sis-in-law still works in the industry.

There are tons of CA investors on this site who do OOS (out of state investing) so make sure you connect with them in the LA forums too.  

There is also FIBI  https://forinvestorsbyinvestors.com that might be helpful.

Happy investing! 

@Arthur Ortiz 2 of my kids do acting out of Burbank.  They have been in a few commercials and my daughter did a small spot on an episode of Speechless with Mini Driver.

Most of my investment properties are in Arizona.  I prefer the Arizona market over the California Market and the Mid West market.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you