New Member - Walla Walla, WA

8 Replies

Hello BP community! I've been trying to learn about REI over the course of the last couple of years and I am finally in a position to make it happen! I just moved to Walla Walla, WA and looking to gain knowledge anwhere I can. I'm interested in long-term, buy and hold investing, though I watch HGTV so I think it'd be fun to flip if I find the right project! ;) Happy to be a contributing member of the community and looking forward to making mutually beneficial connections here!

Originally posted by @Zach Stecklein :

Hello BP community! I've been trying to learn about REI over the course of the last couple of years and I am finally in a position to make it happen! I just moved to Walla Walla, WA and looking to gain knowledge anwhere I can. I'm interested in long-term, buy and hold investing, though I watch HGTV so I think it'd be fun to flip if I find the right project! ;) Happy to be a contributing member of the community and looking forward to making mutually beneficial connections here!

Walla Walla, the town so nice they named it twice.

HGTV is staged. Fun to watch but totally unrealistic. Do you have any experience with finance or with buying & selling real estate or with carpentry or with electrical & plumbing or with design, etc? Hard to know what direction to point you in until we have some idea of your experience, background, resources and tolerance for frustration.

Welcome, Zach!  Where did you move from?

@Tony Wooldridge is a Walla Walla investor you should try to connect with. He recently finished his first flip.

Glad to have you!

Originally posted by @Zach Stecklein :

Welcome to the site Zach.

I think there is a lot of up side in that area given whats happened in the wine industry.. I lived and basically grew up in the Napa valley.. not saying this is Napa.. but long term hold could be the same.. buy some good grape ground..

Thank you everyone for the replies!  I appreciate you taking a moment to drop a line.  @Mike M The HGTV comment was a bit tounge-in-cheek, but I have looked into flipping a bit and I think its be fun under the right circumstances.  I have a few years of carpentry experience, but I think I would like the challenge!

@Zach Stecklein , Yes, welcome to BP!  It is a wonderful place.  I am glad to see that you have taken the opportunity to post your introductory post.  Thanks @Steve Vaughan for the shout out.  Zach, I must add Steve is worth keeping an eye on as well as every once in awhile he recommends some GR8 insight. (LOL) No seriously he is extremely knowledgeable.  I must agree with @Jay Hinrichs , I have never been to Napa, but have heard to many times WW compared to this area.  It is amazing at the growth that has taken place here in WW due to the wine industry alone!  Build it and they will come.  

I appreciate you reaching out and as promised I am in the process of trying to get another WW meet up attempt off the ground.  I will make sure to get you included on all of the info associated with this.  I must thank you as well as @Jessica Corona for reaching out as this has motivated me to get this WW BP meet up off the ground again.  

Welcome to you once again Zach, feel free to reach out any time I will be more than happy to help out if I can. Here is to wishing you nothing but success in your 2018 REI ventures!

@Zach Stecklein

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you