Newbie, very green, member from Arvada, CO

4 Replies

Hello bigger pockets. I am a brand-new member (May 2018) from Arvada CO. I currently have 2 rentals where I have bought a condo lived in it, rented the condo to purchase a small house, lived in that until we out grew it, rented that out and bought our current home. I am very interested in learning how to buy rental properties. I have no capitol or money to invest (needless to say I am going to need guidance in creative financing). I am currently invested in a franchise that isn't doing well and need to start to create a plan to exit and see investment properties being the avenue. I work a full-time job, coach my kids little league teams, volunteer in my community, and run the franchise. I have no idea on how to find deals nor have any background in real-estate. My interest was sparked after reading the book Rich Dad Poor Dad and has grown from there. I have been listening to the Bigger Pockets pod casts and love the passion and drive that each host and guest has. I enjoy the journeys that the interviewee's have shared and see myself changing my family's life. I grew up hand to mouth and have no financial training except learning by fire, and I am not doing so well with that either. I have worked my *** off for 15 years and seem to have achieved nothing beside learning what not to do which is good, but not protecting my family financial future has me scared to death. I am a husband (married 11 years in June) and a father of 3 (10, 8, & 4). I am committed to changing my family history of dying financially broke and teaching my children the importance of financial responsibility and proper investing. I am a blank canvas and willing to do whatever it takes wherever it takes me to get me to my financial goal.

@Tommy Skul welcome to BP!

You have two rentals, so you've done a couple of things right. Do you know how much equity you have in them? You could get a HELOC or cash out refi to use as a downpayment on property #3. Have you talked to any lenders? Do that ASAP!

Also, set up keyword alerts for topics and areas that you're interested in.

Originally posted by @Tommy Skul :

Hello bigger pockets. I am a brand-new member (May 2018) from Arvada CO. I currently have 2 rentals where I have bought a condo lived in it, rented the condo to purchase a small house, lived in that until we out grew it, rented that out and bought our current home. I am very interested in learning how to buy rental properties. I have no capitol or money to invest (needless to say I am going to need guidance in creative financing). I am currently invested in a franchise that isn’t doing well and need to start to create a plan to exit and see investment properties being the avenue. I work a full-time job, coach my kids little league teams, volunteer in my community, and run the franchise. I have no idea on how to find deals nor have any background in real-estate. My interest was sparked after reading the book Rich Dad Poor Dad and has grown from there. I have been listening to the Bigger Pockets pod casts and love the passion and drive that each host and guest has. I enjoy the journeys that the interviewee’s have shared and see myself changing my family’s life. I grew up hand to mouth and have no financial training except learning by fire, and I am not doing so well with that either. I have worked my *** off for 15 years and seem to have achieved nothing beside learning what not to do which is good, but not protecting my family financial future has me scared to death. I am a husband (married 11 years in June) and a father of 3 (10, 8, & 4). I am committed to changing my family history of dying financially broke and teaching my children the importance of financial responsibility and proper investing. I am a blank canvas and willing to do whatever it takes wherever it takes me to get me to my financial goal. 

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you