Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jarid S. Johnson
  • Happy Valley, OR
Votes |
New to Bigger Pockets, new to real estate investing.

Jarid S. Johnson
  • Happy Valley, OR
Posted Jun 3 2018, 17:38

My name is Jarid, I am new to Bigger Pockets, though I have been getting plenty of great information and inspiration from listening to the Bigger Pockets podcasts over the last couple of months. I have also read many of the books recommended by the guests; I am receiving an amazing education fueled by my enthusiasm for taking on a new career path.

Over the last 30 plus years I have been in the media production business: radio, TV, corporate video production and corporate A/V. With my move to Gresham, Oregon to escape the ravages of rampant growth and skyrocketing housing prices in the Bay Area, I have chosen to transfer my production skills into a new adventure in real estate investing.

I plan to learn the ropes by starting with a number of flips then building up to buying income properties. I was happy to know I already had many of the recommended team members in place even before reading the BP blog post "20 Must-Have Team Members for Real Estate Investing Newbies." I continue build a network of friends who currently invest in real estate as a way to discuss ideas and methods as well as learn from their experiences.

As part of the ramp up to my first deal, I have been seriously browsing listings and doing a number of work ups to practice my analysis skills. I purchased a comprehensive spreadsheet package that takes an investor from property analysis through purchase, rehab and sale, to deal reconciliation as a way to analyze the success of the project. The package includes reports for potential investors and a business plan template. I have created, but still need to hone, my business plan.

I am on a positive path towards a first deal after finding a contractor for my team, one who is interested in the flip model as a way to build his business along side my investment company. He is local to my market, having grown up in the area, and should be an invaluable asset in many ways.

I look forward to diving deeper into the Bigger Pockets forums and getting to know fellow investors in cyber space with whom to share insights. See you there.

Cheers-Jarid

Loading replies...