Buy & Hold in Leander, Tx

3 Replies

Hi all. My name is Stephen Sullivan. I am a 29 y/o Firefighter. I love my job, but have the drive to do more. I bought my first single family home at 23 y/o and am in the process of buying a second home to live in. Will live in the second home for a few years and then rent it out as well. 

Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated. I’ve been reading and listening to BP for a few months now and have learned a lot and more importantly have realized there is a lot more to learn. 

Looking forward to some good insight and information.

I purchased a house in cedar park some time ago and it’s a great are to have property in. That being said it’s very expensive to buy in those areas cedar park and Leander. So you have to make sure they cash flow before buying them. I would also start driving for dollars and start sending out mailers so you can get a off market deal.

Thanks for the advice Michael! I completely agree. That’s one of the reasons we’ll be living in the home for a few years before renting, same as our first. It is difficult (not impossible) to find a property in the area that can be bought and rented with cash flow. We’ve had success with this first home and are looking forward to this next one. We are trying to pay attention to the development of Leander and purchase in prime locations. Have you had success with mailers? 

Look at low tax zones, etj areas, low or no HOA and 4/2's- 1 story properties.... Best of all worlds

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you