New member from Mexico

3 Replies

Hello BP investors,

Just joined to the community, looking to learn about real estate in the US and Mexico.

However Im having a hard time to find information about investing in Mexico,

For my first investment I'm trying to do the numbers to find a good property with good cash flow

Do you recomend any property management company in Mexico?

Im located north of Mexico in Chihuahua city

Looking forward to learn

Buenas tardes Luis,

I have lived and worked over 10 years in different parts of mexico (i work in the hospitality industry). I looked into investing in RE in mexico varios times but i never did :

-Getting financing was very expensive and/or very difficult to get (for me)

-Because of the very high financing cost, the number did not work...

-Being a non citizen, I have to go through a fidecomiso which makes buying on a small scale much more expensive.

-I moved around too much (because of the type of industry I am in)

Looking back, not investing in rental properties in Mexico was a good decision for me (being a foreigner and moving around a lot). Especially now since mexico is going through a diffcult social/security crisis..

On the other hand, I would love to hear about your investment experiences and projects. Please share ...

Hola @Francisco Cimon

Thanks for your feedback, as a Méxican citizen is much easier to get finance, however im also struggling with te Numbers, my plan is to start my first project by te end of the year

I dont the see the security issues as a problem, At least not in the city im locating

I will definetely will share my experience as soon as possible

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you