How to Real Estate investing 101

2 Replies

My wife and I have been trying to learn the basics of Real Estate Investing. We Have a fair enough of amount of concept knowledge; however we are looking for our first place of implementation. We are looking to start an LLC. should we pursue the LLC startup 1st or 2nd?? what are the pros/cons?

Originally posted by @Bruce Foster :

My wife and I have been trying to learn the basics of Real Estate Investing. We Have a fair enough of amount of concept knowledge; however we are looking for our first place of implementation. We are looking to start an LLC. should we pursue the LLC startup 1st or 2nd?? what are the pros/cons?

Hey Bruce,

So a lot of people get caught up on all the little things. They think they need websites and business cards and all this stuff before they start implementing their marketing. If you are serious about investing then you should definitely get an LLC to protect you and your assets BUT do that in conjunction with implementing all your marketing.

You have nothing to protect if you never get a deal. What other questions do you have I'll help as much as I can.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you