Just got into my first deal in Kelowna, BC

4 Replies

Hi! My name is Bahar and my boyfriend (Steven) and I just got into our first deal in Kelowna, BC. It’s a single family home with a unit upstairs and a basement suite (that’s partially finished) downstairs and we’re beyond excited to get started! Maybe I’ll do an update here in a month and again in two months on how it goes if people are interested :) Thanks to the bigger pockets community and the podcast for all the information which helped push me to feel confident enough to get into this first deal!

I was just up in Kelowna in May I could not believe were the prices have gone since when I bought a place at the Okanagan country club in 2001.... man I should have loaded up then.

what a best kept secret Kelowna is.. if it ever gets found out watch out.. !!!

Yes the prices definitely skyrocketed the last couple of years and I feel like we found a hidden gem!

I’ve been looking at the Kelowna market for a while now and in the last couple of months it’s slowed down a lot, I think it’s coming off of the high a little. So I think (and I don’t have a ton of experience) this is a good time to buy in Kelowna.

Let me know if you’re ever in town, my boyfriend and I are always looking to meet fellow investors!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you