Newbie from Rockland County [suburbs], NY -> Looking out-of-state

3 Replies

Hi there,

I am new to real-estate investing and looking forward to contribute and learn from the BP community.

Based on what I gathered so far I would like to invest in out-of-sate single-family rentals by purchasing SFR for rehab. I am currently looking into various areas in Florida (specifically in Polk County) but I am open for opportunities where it might find me!

If you have any nuggets of advice feel free to share - thanks,

-Joel

Joel, I love Polk county. I’d recommend doing your homework because we have many types of market within Polk County. If doing flips make sure to check the market’s days on market. Best of luck! 

Thanks Adrian!  I rented vacation houses in Polk county and we had a very pleasant time. 

I am currently looking to buy distressed SFR houses in Winter Haven and Lakeland area; I am looking to connect with the right people (wholesaler and contractor) in this area to build a mutually beneficial business relationship.

@Joel Braver I do a little wholesaling, send me a direct message with your email.  Make sure you know those markets, there are big swings in the type of neighborhoods.  :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you