New Member from Monterey CA

7 Replies

Hey everyone.  I am new to the bigger pockets group.  This is an amazing group of people, information, and assistance.  I have been reading and doing(investments) real estate for 4 years now.  In the last 3 weeks I have ran into 5 people who kept asking me why I wasn’t listening to bigger pockets.  It has been fun to engulf the podcasts and forums.  

I have started in the buy and hold mindset in the Monterey peninsula.  I will be moving to the Mountain View area.  My plan is to make my 4th investment in the 2019 year and will be looking out of state.  I hope to help others as much as I get helped from this amazing community.  

Domenick

Welcome Domenick- glad you started listening/ reading :)
Congrats on 3 and cheers to getting the 4th!

Thank you @Bethany Rankin.  I appreciate you dropping a line.  Have you ever worked with an out of state of investor? If so anything’s stand out to you, good or bad.

Cheers!!

Congrats on doing REI in the Monterey area. It's hard to break into and make any money.

I'm a local Realtor in the area, so let me know if you need any help.  I've helped several investors with their needs.  I personally find that unless you are buying a REALLY distressed property most of the numbers don't line up.  

Good luck!

Welcome to the community . Happy you made your introduction . This is the best real estate library and networking platform.

thank you @Greg Hamer for the response. The last deal took about 12 months to finalize with falling off market and it still required moderate work. When you talk to investors on properties in higher priced neighborhoods do they still use the 1% rule or cash on cash? Thanks again.

So far it's been C-on-C.

The last one I worked with basically needed a place to park cash, and didn't want to rehab.

They got about 5% because the property was spotless.  Completely turnkey.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you