Looking for advice on paid mentorship

5 Replies

Hi BP Community,

I'm new to real estate investing and looking to sign up for paid mentorship to accelerate my learning. I've been looking at a few programs but there's no real way to gauge which programs are the most effective and which are not. The programs I'm considering are Jay Morrison real estate school, Peter Harris Commercial Property Advisors and Joe Fairless. This is on top of my own self-education and networking, I'm just ready to step it up, but looking to get the most bang out of my buck.  Does anyone have any experience with these programs? Can you please share your experience. Was it effective or no? Would you recommend or no? Please feel free to recommend others as well. 

Thanks! 

Originally posted by @Melissa Baltazar :

Hi BP Community,

I'm new to real estate investing and looking to sign up for paid mentorship to accelerate my learning. I've been looking at a few programs but there's no real way to gauge which programs are the most effective and which are not. The programs I'm considering are Jay Morrison real estate school, Peter Harris Commercial Property Advisors and Joe Fairless. This is on top of my own self-education and networking, I'm just ready to step it up, but looking to get the most bang out of my buck.  Does anyone have any experience with these programs? Can you please share your experience. Was it effective or no? Would you recommend or no? Please feel free to recommend others as well. 

Thanks! 

You haven't really told us what you hope to accomplish. If you are just wanting more knowledge, there is plenty to be found by doing searches in the box above and participating on Bigger Pockets.If you want to make money on investing, and you want to do Fix & Flips or Buy & Holds or Commercial or Multi-Family you should find someone who is actually doing those and partner with them on a project or two. It will be money better spent.

bottom line is if you have a lot of cash and ability to transact.. paid for education in the space yo want to enter can be beneficial no doubt.

if you have to borrow the money on credit cards to pay for the training or do not have significant amounts of cash and credit to buy after the training then .. 

At that point your simply going further into debt and will actually get farther from your goal.

Real estate takes Cash and Credit.. 

Can someone do it without either sure it can happen just like people win the lottery every week.  Is it the norm no way.

@Melissa Baltazar Based on at least two names you mentioned of Joe Fearless and Peter Harris, I'm deducing you'd like to get into MFH investing. My suggestion is to find current or former students of these educators and ask for their personal experience directly. You will find a ton threads on BP on this topic, so it should not be a big deal to locate students.

Best!

Thanks for the replies. 

@MikeM, I'm interested in wholesaling to eventually buy multi-families and interested in self-storage as well. @Jay Hinrichs Thank you. I've actually seen some hit it big with great deals in residential/commercial so I know it's possible to do "guerilla" style, but you're right, it's far and few in between. @Alina Trigub I did some research on BP and saw a lot of older post from several years ago, not a lot of positive ones on the program I'm leaning towards and no one I reach out to hit me back, so I just wanted current feedback, if anyone was willing to share. Thanks all. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you