Toronto Canada to San Antonio Texas

12 Replies

Hello BP members!

I started doing some research on Real Estate investing some months ago and landed on the BP site. The forums have been very informative and the webinars have been great. Currently living in the area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and considering a move to San Antonio Texas within the year to join other family already living in SA.

In advance of our move I'm looking to start making some cash purchases of single (or multi) family homes for rental purposes and want to start connecting with local resources / team members to make that happen.

@Elio Benincasa Welcome! Great to see more Canucks coming to Texas.

I would recommend connecting with local resources - investors, lenders, property managers - before deciding on your purchase. It should take you a few weeks to get your system going. Once that is set you should, ideally, have a proof of funds (POF) statement that you can show to realtors to help you get started.

At this stage of the game in San Antonio, wholesaling is a hit or miss. Same as turnkey. 

Develop your team and investment criteria. Then it's just plug and play :)

That’s great to hear Elio!!! San Antonio and the surrounding areas offer great real estate investment opportunities for sure.

Feel free to shoot me a DM to exchange contact info!

Originally posted by @Elio Benincasa :

Hello BP members!

I started doing some research on Real Estate investing some months ago and landed on the BP site. The forums have been very informative and the webinars have been great. Currently living in the area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and considering a move to San Antonio Texas within the year to join other family already living in SA.

In advance of our move I'm looking to start making some cash purchases of single (or multi) family homes for rental purposes and want to start connecting with local resources / team members to make that happen.

Elio,

I also suggest you start reaching out and making contact with agents, property managers, and contractors to build your team. Let me know if you have any questions about the San Antonio MSA or specific questions about some of the submarkets. Good luck moving forward! 

Hi Elio,

I made the move from Toronto to West Palm Beach last summer after taking advantage of the Real Estate market in Toronto. I sold my home in Thornhill and headed south.
I have family who moved to Texas years ago and love it.
I don’t know much about the RE market in Texas but I think you’ll like the weather and lower cost of living as compared to Toronto.
Good luck!

I am a SFH investor in San Antonio with 9 properties currently and looking to buy. The problem I am having is chasing a seller's market right now. Very difficult to find deals currently and if it like that here, I could not imagine what it must be like on both coasts currently.

Is there any BP meet up groups in Toronto, On? I am thinking of buying some cash-flowing properties in the U. S. Just looking for some real connections and advice. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you