Votes
Robert Hale
  • Cedar Park, TX
Votes |
Newbie from Austin, Texas

Robert Hale
  • Cedar Park, TX
Posted Jul 17 2018, 07:44

Hi my name is Robert I live in Austin Texas. I am new to investing have been an member here for a couple months now but did not know about introductions until recently so here I am.  I really like the buy and hold strategy. I plan to focus on multifamily 2-4 units to start with and work my way up. Eventually getting into 100 plus apartment buildings.

My biggest issue currently is deciding where to invest. I live in Austin an the 2% rule is not really possible here its more like .05%. Not much wiggle room so I am looking elsewhere to invest and grow. There are so many places to invest I am trying to use biggerpockets to help me narrow that down. So much info it is a little overwhelming but I am listening to podcasts daily plus trying to read more blogs and forums.

My short term goals are as follows for now until I exceed them.

I will buy my first investment property before the end of 2018.

In 3 years I will be making 5k in passive income.

In 5 years I will be making 10k in passive income.

Ideally I would like to find some local people I could help and learn from. I welcome any advice on education or how to improve my processes. I am not here to reinvent the wheel just use what works and grow my knowledge base. Looking forward to getting over my fear and getting my first deal done but done smartly.

Loading replies...